reflection.

|
More than a month without a single entry, and then two in a day.

I'm unpredictable.

Of course, I also ruined the precise mathematical arrangement of my posts: 7 in the first month, 4 in the second, 2 in the third, and 1 in this month. 7 - 4 = 3; 4 -2 = 2; 2 - 1 = 1. Which means next month, I shouldn't post at all. Ever again. Dun dun dun...

But then again, I screwed that pattern up. So fear not, I'll continue posting.

I'm not as drunk anymore. Small wonder; I spent the last 2 hours playing with the HTML on my page. BTW, if you want it to look right, you need to have these fonts:

1. Viner Hand ITC

2. Eras Light ITC

I suck at HTML. I spent forever figuring out how to make the damn thing do what I wanted it to. And, of course, I never stopped to ask/look for directions.

I'm a self-sufficient beast, I am.

...okay, maybe I'm not SOBER just yet...

I just stretched. Hard. The big muscle on my back almost cramped up. Thank God it didn't. If THAT muscle cramps--you know, the huge dorsal muscle that spans the entire lower 2/3 of your back--I would be in trouble right now. I'd have to force my abs to crunch together and pull the dorsal muscle loose. I wonder if my abs are capable of overpowering my back. Hmm. I don't want to find out.

It'd be one hell of a workout, though. Agonizing pain's a good motivator. Smirk.

I need to stop drinking Mountain Dew. The stuff's so loaded with caffeine it takes funny. But it's damn addictive. Ick. But I don't HAVE to drink Mtn Dew. I can stop anytime I like!

Oh, wow. I got booted offline and I never even noticed. I'll climb back on so I can post this entry.

It's kinda cold tonight. My windows are steamed up. It rained, too. There's one of those big round globe lights on a post outside. The globe is beaded with water, and it casts a shimmering whitish glow on the wet pavement. Oddly lovely.

I like the way the city smells after the rain.

I like the way it looks, too.

Have I said this before? I'll say it again. There's something very lonely about 3am. It's not necessarily a bad lonely. Maybe lonely isn't the word. There's something very solitary about 3am.

No. Lonely is the word.

There's something very lonely about 3am. It's a time when it's so quiet and still you feel like the last person on earth and all you wanna do is stand at the window and watch the rain come down. And look for signs of life outside. And reflect.

I find that word interesting: "reflect". It's interesting because when you reflect, physically, you never really see yourself as others see you because you see a reverse, a mirror-image. When I reflect mentally, is it the same? Do I see a mirror-image of myself and my deeds? Do I judge myself in reverse?

Disturbing concept.

0 comments:

Post a Comment