crepes!

|
this is my second try making crepes, and lemme just say: I HAVE MASTERED THE ART.

behold:



check that out. just check it out. PAPER THIN. and look at that gorgeous lace-pattern browning. and that's not even getting into how good they taste.



you can't really see the contents cuz i put too much whipped cream on, alas. but those crepes contain some or all of the following:

- peaches
- blueberries
- strawberries
- honeydew
- mocha ice cream
- whipped cream

...and are dusted with confectioner's powdered sugar. it's the yummiest diabetes-inducer ever.

in case you're interested, the recipe i used was as follows:

- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup half'n'half (it was supposed to be milk but i haz no milk)
- 3 eggs
- a splash of vanilla extract

so fucking awesome :D

oh! random note about the dishes: i've actually had those dishes since i went off to college. my mom packed them for me because they're huge, heavy, ugly, and durable. she figured 1) i probably won't break them, and 2) even if i did, it was no great loss. ironically, i only ever broke a single bowl. they're heavy as ROCKS, though. solid earthenware. i actually really like them, because they're so sturdy you can actually stick them straight into the oven and use them as baking pans.

anyway, yes. i'm an awesome cook. beware, i might end up posting up pics of all sorts of shit i make. i've totally discovered the addiction of awsumfone's cam.

2 comments:

kai said...

1) Before I got to the penultimate paragraph of this I was all set to offer the witty rejoinder of "YEAH. WELL. I THINK YOUR PLATES ARE UGLY SO NYEHHH." in order to cleverly conceal my envy.

2) I know. That camera is basically the best thing ever. I feel better about the crepes because I know you have that awsumfone because I convinced you of how amazing mine was. I didn't have to convince you to switch to Android; Apple did that for me.

3) Part of me wants to mock you for having a 'brag' tag, but my 'i win at life' tag is probably the largest in my cloud so I can't say shit.

Damon said...

Omnomnomnom.

I'd say something back but I'm too busy eating them. They taste just as good microwaved up :D

(Okay, I will say this: thank you for being the main impetus for getting me to switch over to Android. iPhone4's epic fail and AT&T's stinginess combined with the sheer amount of awesome coming over from your new Vibrant that I couldn't resist anymore!)

Post a Comment